Re: [mpisgmedia] MetroPropertyDevelopment [by Parsvnath]

| HT leisure report:

Five more Metro Malls on cards for Delhi shoppers

Press Trust of India

New Delhi, September 12, 2005
With the Capital's first ever Metro Mall at Inderlok
becoming a hit with commuters, the Delhiites would get
to enjoy the shop-as-you-travel experience at five
more Metro stations by March next year.
Inspired by the three-tier stations of Malaysia, Hong
Kong and London, the Malls, which would be coming up
at stations including Seelampur and Shahdara, have
already roped in leading consumer brands such as Pizza
Hut, Pepe, Adidas and United Colours of Benetton,
according to its developers.
"With over one lakh square feet of shopping
extravaganza, speciality restaurants, snack bars, fast
food centres and coffee corners, the Metro Malls will
have everything to tickle the taste buds of Delhi's
gourmets and diehard shoppers," Pradeep Jain, Chairman
of Parsvnath Developers, who have bagged the six
projects from the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation on
Build, Operate and Transfer basis, said.
The other features of the Malls would be
round-the-clock security, uninterrupted power supply,
ample parking space and escalators besides
multi-product departmental stores and ATMs, he said,
adding the big brands are getting attracted to the
Malls because of their "committed footfall".
Another unique project on the pipeline is the
residential project at the Khyber Pass Metro station,
which would be a "high end property" located at a five
minute walking distance from the station. With the
flats expected to cost an estimated Rs one crore each,
the project is likely to be completed in three years,
Jain said.
The developers also plan 16 other Malls across the
city besides undertaking 60 projects in 21 cities in
eight states at an estimated cost of Rs 8,000 crore,
he said.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1489651,0047.htm

http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=146125

http://www.hindu.com/2005/08/25/stories/2005082514280100.htm