Re: [mpisgmedia] rules of data collection for your study

Hi,
This is a 2nd followup post.
Prashant Barriar has explained the info they required.
For brevity I reproduce relevant portions of his
email.

"firstly i want to say thanks to all the members of
mpisgmedia for their deep consideration to the issue
related to the problems which the students face in
govt. offices. But here i also want to state that all
the offices are not like that. We after that visited
the education dept. of old secretariat where they are
very attentive to our problem and talked to us like a
senior professional and said " whenever u need any
help in your study u can come to me directly".

as far as our data is concerned we had gone there to
collect
a) the area which is distributed to the health
facilities in our zone C
b) the capacities and heirarchy of the facilities
existing there.
c) the map of the location of facilities."

A) I am glad that the Education dept at Old
Secretariat is still OK as far as dishing out info is
concerned after my little run in with them of about 2
years ago on this subject.

B) The info which the boys need from DHS is indeed
sensitive, detailed and IS suited for RTI. The
boundaries of the DHS's own divisions may not coincide
with DMP zones and the actual land areas of Health
facilities may not be available with DHS. This sort of
info would be available with the GNCTD UD and Planning
Dept at 9th,10th floor Secretariat.

C) Since Health is amongst the most under-funded,
neglected and controversial of GNCTD's functions, I
can well understand the reluctance of DHS officers to
part with this sort of info and who would love to pass
the buck to the designated officer under RTI.

D) Why is this info not available with DDA? Surely all
this info was required to prepare the draft DMP 2021.

::--

While on the subject of DHS, I was browsing through
their website and found this little GEM (under State
Programmes):-

Delhi Prohibition of Smoking and Non-Smoker's Health
Protection Act, 1996

Anti-Smoking bill Act was implemented by Delhi
Government with effect from 26.1.97. No smoking day
is observed on 31st May, every year. Under this
programme various I.E.C. activities are being carried
out to educate the general people about the various
ill-effects of smoking. During the year 2000-01, the
Directorate of Health Services has deployed special
Enforcement squads in 8 Districts in Delhi to fine and
challaned in public places and public service vehicles
for violating the said Act.

Following major activities have been undertaken during
2002-03:

1) Raids Conducted

14694 (2000-2001)
884 (2001-2002)
657 (2002-2003)

2) Public Service Vehicle Raided

73738 (2000-2001)
8669 (2001-2002)
3206 (2002-2003)

3) Persons Fined

19052 (2000-2001)
6481 (2001-2002)
867 (2002-2003)

4) Health Education Lectures

23 (00-01)
08 (01-02)
16 (02-03)

5) Workshop /Seminar

1 (00-01)
46 (01-02)
10 (02-03)

6) Leaflets Distributed

26000 (00-01)
1050000 (01-02)
1372000 (02-03)

WELL, BASED ON THE NUMBER OF LEAFLETS THEY
DISTRIBUTED, DHS SEEMS TO BE AN INCREASINGLY
INFORMATIVE DEPARTMENT, wonder what happened to the
rest of their enthu ;-)

Sarbajit

--- poonam prakash