Re: [mpisgmedia] Prawn malai at Humayun's Tomb? 1857&2005: mangal pandey, humayun tomb, oxford

Love your discovery of coincidences .. although its
foundation in the mathematics of probability seems
wobbly.

Did you know if you have a group of only 23 people -
the probability that 2 people in that group have the
same birthday is better than even .. ie. more than
50%?

Similarly if you take 2 dates (such as 7 Sept) in any
random grouping of 23 posts .. you'll probably find a
connection somewhere. Its well exploited by all those
astrologers whose knowledge of probstats wud put us
techno-experts to shame.

Sarbajit

http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=149451

http://www.indianexpress.com/full_story.php?content_id=78513