Re: [mpisgmedia] MPD2021: Sinister Subversions: The Full Monty

Just to add to Gita's report on yesterday's meeting;

This was the the fifth board meeting and first 'public hearing'. Order of
the invitees was neither as per the registration nor the objection reference
number so ITPI and PHDCCI and heritage committee took almost all the time
before tea.

Issue of illegality was raised by no one else before Gita's turn so let me
narrate it as I remember it happened:

Gita: I would like to be introduced to the members of the Board
VC: We introduced ourselves in the morning
Gita: I am being heard now so I would like to know
(There were seven people sitting on the dais as mentioned earlier)
VC (looking around): well, I am the chairman, Mr. Gurmukhi from the TCPO and
Mr. Jain (commissioner planning).
Gita: You need three members for the enquiry
VC/ Comm.: We are three members
Gita: Mr. Jain, you can not be on the board because the rule clearly
provides member of either authority or the advisory council. if you assure
me that this constitution is as per the rules I will go ahead
(Silence)
Comm(plng) We assure you. Please Go ahead.
! and so the hearing continued after GIta left. There were couple of others
and by 12:30 it was open house, if any one wanted to say anything. Couple of
people, including S.C.Gupta commented. S.C.Gupta mentioned that Urban Land
Policy shoudl be in a separate document for which cabinet approval should be
sought so as to implement the Plan.

Besides K.T. Ravindran and Dinesh Mohan, various NGOs too were listed in
after lunch session; Ashray Adhikar Abhiyan, Human Rights Law Network,
Lokayan. Deapite this, Sajjha Munch continues to whine that there is no
response, as per the report of The Hindu today:

DDA's indifference to Master Plan criticised

Staff Reporter

With Delhi Development Authority not giving any acknowledgment or public
response on whether and how it would treat over 20,000 objections filed on
the draft Master Plan of Delhi 2021 by concerned citizens and groups, an
alliance of voluntary organisations, Sanjha Manch, has charged the Authority
with seriously undermining the issue of public participation, mandated even
by the 74th Constitutional Amendment, and having only its own officials in a
committee constituted for reviewing the objections.

http://www.hindu.com/2005/10/04/stories/2005100413540400.htm