Re: [mpisgmedia] Mumbai embraces FDI in housing: 100%

Seriously,

What is conceptually wrong with this proposal?

In Delhi, if low/middle class people have to suffer a
monopolistic authority like DDA which swallows their
savings for decades and then denies them housing due
to the endemic corruption within - or provides them
jerry built houses which are apallingly constructed or
unliveable in- what is wrong with trying out another
model (on a small experimental scale) which may
deliver the goods???

The business model here can be changed - first let the
builders construct these houses with their funds and
then sell it to the public - rather than taking
"bookings" and vanishing with the funds. Builders who
dont deliver to predermined standards / schedules must
have their projects revoked like Escorts Hospital.

Address yourself to problems of:-

1) Corruption
2) Speculation
3) Ridiculous land prices
4) Disparity in resource planning / utilisation /
distribution.

before over-simplifying this matter.

BTW: I am increasingly coming to the conclusion that
Delhi is beyond planning redemption and the MPD
process is not worth salvaging.

BTW2: Having lived over 15 years in Mumbai, I foresee
Delhi going the Mumbai way too if the constant
migration into this city is not tackled seriously.

http://www.newkerala.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=30194No