Re: [mpisgmedia] MPD2021: sanjha munch do on 06/10/05

sarabjit, thanks. I came across one small news item
today. Anyone saw any other?

-----Asian Age, 07.10.05---
No incentive for poor in DDA plan
- By Our Correspondent
New Delhi, Oct. 6: Various NGOs have alleged that
people from economically-backward sections have been
ignored in the Delhi Master Plan 2021.
Under the umbrella of Sanjha Manch, non government
organisations working for urban poor such as rickshaw
pullers, rag pickers and others demonstrated on
Thursday outside the DDA headquarters seeking details
of the "study" on the basis of which the master plan
has been drafted.
"Less water, less education, less space and thus poor
quality of life. This is what the Master Plan 2021 by
the DDA has in store for people belonging to poor
strata. Have they no right to live a qualitative
life," asked Dunnu Roy of Hazard Centre.
Ms Param of Ashrya Adhikar Abhiyan said that DDA
specifications on plot size and water consumption for
the poor did not match with the reality.
Mr Roy added that the DDA neither included suggestions
submitted by the public and experts nor have the zonal
plans been prepared
------

(With reference to the Hindu report of 04.10.05 I had
sent another letter to Police Commissioner to suggest
that permission for demonstration outside office of
MCD Commissioner since the reported grievances relate
to him. With reference to reports of 05.10.05 I went
with a letter to DDA to request follow up in view of
interference with s.11A process and plan to follow up
next week my s.41(3) application)

http://mail.yahoo.com