Re: [mpisgmedia] Escorts-Fortis deal: DDA scraps Escorts' lease...

DDA scraps Escorts lease over allotment norms

Express News Service

New Delhi, October 6: THE Delhi Development Authority
has cancelled the land lease for the Escorts Heart
Institute and Research Centre, a deal for which was
struck between the Escorts Group and Fortis Healthcare
for Rs 585 crore a week ago. Sources said the DDA,
which had been awaiting permission from Lt Governor B
L Joshi, will issue the cancellation notice tomorrow.
DDA will demand that Escorts hand over the land and
the hospital. Escorts was sent a show-cause notice
last year for not conforming to freeship norms under
which it was allotted land in 1982, but as a DDA
source put it, the recent sale ??was the last nail in
the coffin?. The Delhi High Court had ordered a status
quo on the deal till November 22, the next hearing on
a petition filed by Escorts scion Anil Nanda
challenging the conversion of the institute from a
charitable organisation to a company...
http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=151919

on 29/09/05

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2005/09/29/stories/2005092903000100.htm

http://www.blonnet.com/2004/02/18/stories/2004021802680100.htm

http://www.blonnet.com/2003/08/02/stories/2003080202520100.htm

<http://plan.architexturez.net/site/dmp2021/ncmp/f/040823>
> PIL-driven discourse about free beds and free seats
> has achieved in 2003-2004 what was unthinkable or at
> least unspeakable ? managers of noble professions of
> healthcare and education ignobly violating the law
> of
> land have declared that they would rather be
> mercenary
> than noble and the state, having for long made clear
> that it could not care less, has stooped in the week
> after Independence Day to negotiating the fee for
> abrogating nobility, bargain price for selling the
> city?s health and education resources to those who
> have been violating health and education rights of
> citizens with impunity. Before pushing further its
> mercenary interpretations of facility and charity,
> untenable in law or sense, this historic discourse
> might want to consider how history will judge it.
>
> | Health and education policy developments |
> Facility,
> charity and law | Insidiousness |

http://mail.yahoo.com

Folow-ups
  • Re: [mpisgmedia] Escorts-Fortis deal: upsets Trehan (huh?!)
    • From: Gita Dewan Verma