Re: [mpisgmedia] [scan] NGO Biodiversity Strategy rejected(+remembering Lalkhet)

Thanks Gita for this and earlier mail.

What is Sekhar Singh in KV? I thought he was a full-time IIPA faculty. He is
not listed in KV people.

Sekhar Singh and KV recently shared a platform on the Forest Rights Bill,
with Sekhar opposing and KV supporting.

In the mid-90s, Sekhar anchored Bank eco-development projects in Protected
Areas, which KV opposed.

Was Aravalli Bd Park a KV project or Sekhar's?

NBSAP, I think, began at a time when transparent competitive bidding had not
begun in GoI. Actually, it still hasn't begun.

On the issue of whether NBSAP is needed at all, and if so, who is the
competent authority - needs deeper analysis, I will not venture an opinion.
Neither have you given reasons for your opinion.

Rajesh

  • Re: [mpisgmedia] [scan] NGO Biodiversity Strategy rejected(+remembering Lalkhet)
    • From: Rajesh R.