Re: [mpisgmedia] earthquake / micro-zonation

Came across this interesting microzonation study for
delhi

http://www.ias.ac.in/currsci/nov102004/1193.pdf

Rohini is 200m above rock with 24 layers compared to
Chawri bazaar with 9m. (Table 2 page 8). Wonder what
this does for DDA's vertical proliferation model. All
the DDA 9-story mass houses in Dwarka built by Unitech
etc have developed HUGE cracks - causing their spot
prices to crash overnight by 5-8 lakhs after quake.
Co-oP society flats seem OK and have ridden it out
well - is there a lesson in this??

Sarbajit