Re: [mpisgmedia] RTI request (College of Defence Management study-visit to DMRC on 18.10.05)

Dear Gita,

This is misuse of the noble RTI ACT and deserves to be
thrown out at first opportunity. The matters you are
highlighting (visit of Army brass to Shastri Park) are
neither "policy decisions" / nor "decisions affecting
the public". I notice that you have also evaded the
Rs.10 fee prescribed under the Act - so the PIO is not
bound to consider your request. There are also
numerous other formal defects in your request.

Certainly you are entitled u/s 6 to the "opinions" and
other "information" concerning the Army visit, however
the PIO at DMRC would be perfectly justified in
rejecting your request on grounds of national
security. so please dont waste yr 10 rupees.

This is the problems with "neophytes" (smile) in RTI
who spam the system and create trouble for "pioneers"
like me. <rol>

I have 3 pending RTIs and all are extremely prickly.

Since you are so keen about RTI now, have you ever
considered that the office of the LG (being both a
Competent Authority / Public Authority) is also
covered under RTI 2005 ;-) With so many land related
matters being carried out in his name, I am sure the
poor fellow would be pleased to answer detailed
queries from experts like us on how he functions !!!
the MoUD PIO is in room no. 140 Nirman Bhawan - some
Jt. Secy.

Sarbajit

http://www.delhimetrorail.com/corporates/public_information.html

http://www.delhimetrorail.com/corporates/contact.html