Re: [mpisgmedia] MPD 2021

In continuation of Poonam's post, Please see the
following link:-
http://www.newkerala.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=43829
There was also a similar story in ToI (Delhi) of
1-Nov-2005 on pg4.

Does this mean that if one has to be invited to
comment on draft MPD2021, a person must file a Writ
first. Also, had this NCPEDP filed their objs/suggs to
the draft published on 8.Apr.2005 notice. Was there a
Board of Enquiry meeting on 31.Oct.2005? When was the
draft mpd2021 prresented for public feedback in 2001,
and does this enable this NCPEDP to get an private
audience now? etc. etc.

This is the composition of ncpedp from their website.
How can us ordinary folk compete with children of
italian gods??

Sarbajit

Our Trustees

Founder Chairperson: Mrs. Sonia Gandhi

Chairman: Dr. V. Krishnamurthy, Chairman, National
Manufacturing Competitiveness Council

Executive Trustees

* Mr. Subodh Bhargava, Former President,
Confederation of Indian Industry and Advisor, Eicher
Group of Companies
* Mrs. Sheila Dikshit, Chief Minister, Government
of N.C.T. of Delhi
* Mr. Jamshyd N. Godrej, Managing Director, Godrej
& Boyce Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
* Mr. Vikram Singh Mehta, Chairman, Shell Group of
Companies in India
* Mrs. Shobhna Bhartia, Vice Chairperson,
Hindustan Times
* Dr. Maya Thomas, Policy Advisor and Consultant
Disability and Rehabilitation.

Our Address

National Centre for Promotion of Employment for
Disabled People
A-77, South Extention Part II,
New Delhi 110 049
Phone: 011-26265647/26265648
Fax: 011-26265649
E-mail: secretariat@xxxxxxxxxx

[Text of newkerala.com story]
Delhi's buildings to be made disabled friendly

New Delhi: A day before a court hearing on making
buildings in the national capital disabled friendly,
authorities Friday invited suggestions for the city's
master plan from a leading disabled rights
organisation.

The Delhi High Court is to hear a case Saturday on
making the Master Plan Delhi - 2021 (MPD) more
friendly for the disabled and the aged.

The Delhi Development Authority (DDA) has invited
recommendations from the National Centre for Promotion
of Employment for Disabled People (NCPEDP), which has
opposed the master plan.

After the DDA presented the master plan when for
public feedback in 2001, the NCPEDP had expressed
dissatisfaction and filed a petition.

They had also made some suggestions to the Delhi
Government, saying that no measures were taken in the
master plan to make it disabled friendly.

Following the petition, Delhi High Court asked the DDA
to present an affidavit along with photographs on the
progress of the work.

The NCPEDP had also demanded that disability experts
be involved in planning, design and implementation of
the master plan.

--- poonam prakash

http://mail.yahoo.com