[mpisgmedia] RTI request (re DMRC consultancy, financial models & public hearing)

Shri Anuj Dayal,
CPRO DMRC Ltd / PIO under RTI Act, 2005

Sir,

Kindly refer to my prior communication, at:
http://mail.architexturez.net/+/MPISG-Media/archive/msg00639.shtml
wherein I have requested publication of information
u/s.4 of RTI Act.

I await your reply and, meanwhile, have come across
press reports on matters in which I have requested
specific information, eg:

(a) I have requested information of statutory basis of
DMRC consultancy (as I am unable to locate an enabling
provision in Delhi Metro Railways Act), etc, in
context of Kochi Metro. Meanwhile it has been reported
that ?E Shridharan, CEO of Delhi Metro, has been
appointed technical consultant? also for Mumbai metro.
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=2&articleid=1142005205821811420052056250

(b) I have requested information of financing models
being pursued / recommended by DMRC, also since
financial-plan has not been disclosed even in my writ
petition. Meanwhile, you are quoted in a press report
claiming, with two decimal precision, a high rate of
return on account of social benefits with reference to
unspecified guidelines attributed to Planning
Commission.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1283459.cms

(c) I have requested information of the processes by
which Public-Hearings are proposed for Kochi metro,
with reference to disregard of statutory processes for
the same in Delhi, and also sought hearing for Kochi
metro also in Delhi and information relating to the
DMRC consultancy for this. Meanwhile, a financial
newspaper has reported that Kerala CM has put the
metro project on fast track with polls in mind
(leading one to suppose that public hearings will be
held soon).
http://www.financialexpress.com/fe_full_story.php?content_id=107569

Please permit me to say that the exceptional PR
activities of DMRC raise greater expectations from it
in respect of RTI, to which the city government
accords as much importance as it does to Metro, as
evidenced by what the CM reportedly had to say to
visiting young American politicians, as per:
http://in.rediff.com/news/2005/nov/08us.htm
I reiterate my RTI requests also in this perspective
and look forward to your response.

Thanking you

Yours sincerely
Gita Dewan Verma, Planner