Re: [mpisgmedia] [scan] DJB, NGOs and 24*7

Dear Poonam,

I am very glad that you have posted these stories
which I had also spotted and was planning to post too.

The interesting bit in Express is as follows .. a
typo??

"For a family consuming 10 kilolitre of water daily,
the tariff structure would work out to be around Rs 28
per month with one-time setting up charges.

The DJB proposes shared connections in JJ clusters for
groups of 10 households. Setting up charges for such
connections would be Rs 20 instead of Rs 40. "

This is criminal, 10 KL of water per day for a single
family is 1 tanker load daily. At Dwarka where I stay
we have to pay DDA 400 bucks per tanker and they
grudgingly give out 2 such tankers per day to cater to
90 families.

Squandering public funds this way and subsidisng these
unplanned slums and jhuggis at 28 Rs PER MONTH for
these tankers is bloody criminal and a clear instance
of how we may have to use section 409 IPC against
these DJB buggers and also demolish all these slums in
the process - but first will someone else please put
in a proper RTI on this (not Gita's section 4 stuff),
and also on DDA's sound proofing scheme for the CW
games (yesterday's papers), and also Sandeep Dikshit's
HUDCO scheme to reclaim the Riverbed.

Sarbajit

--- poonam prakash

http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=156112