Re: [mpisgmedia] MCD (Amendment) Bill, 2005 ... PM to launch urban renewal mission

PM TO LAUNCH JAWAHARLAL NEHRU NATIONAL URBAN RENEWAL
MISSION
PROPOSED EXPENDITURE ON MISSION ONE LAKH CRORE RUPEES
http://pib.nic.in/release/release.asp?relid=13437

PMO press release ahead of Parliament to say UPA govt
has approved extrapolation of NDA Urban Reform
Incentive Fund to twin-mission-mode separation of
urban development and urban poverty agenda, abandoning
of equity guaranteeing frameworks for integrated
development. In sozzled spirit of haloed 74th *State
governments/urban local bodies will be required to
sign a Memorandum of Agreement with the Central
Government, giving an undertaking to implement the
reform agenda, as per a mutually agreed road map. Fund
releases will be linked to assessment of the
implementation of reform agenda*. The *mutually agreed
roadmap* is plotted, in name of same haloed 74th, on
model municipal law that USAID had drafted for India
with NDA. The same model law has become now
USAID-sponsored Delhi Municipal Corporation
(Amendment) Bill, 2005. In enthusiastic presumption of
this USAID-sponsored law the Capital has been
crafting, in name of innocuous sounding building
byelaw reform, the coup-de-grace for the badly whipped
Master Plan framework. On this successful
pilot-project of two-year long and continuing fraud on
the Constitution, the PM can confidently launch
*mutually agreed* missions.

I hope people make time to at least check out what the
USAID sponsored law has in store for them now that it
is approved to be unleashed in mission-mode.