From: mpisgmedia-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:mpisgmedia-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of sushil verma
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 9:53 AM
To: mpisgmedia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [mpisgmedia] the architect of Chanakya Cinema

the corbu style hotel next to Chanakya is by Shibnath Prasad.

this hotel is also now used as an office building inspite of being at one
time no 1 in delhi, (upto misd seventies i think) run by ITDC as Akbar
hotel, interiors for the first time done by professional (unlike ashoka,
Oberoi of those days)

the Yaswant place complex, Akbar hotel , Chanakya Cinema and the plaza with
eateries is modern heritage, must be passed on to next generation. Cant
imagine anybody 40-50yrs not feeling nostalgic about the days spent in the
courtyard beside Chanakya.

what will be required for this biography of a building ?

sushil

_____