[mpisgmedia] Leases of schools: Request for information u/s.4(1)(d) of RTI Act (DDA)

Mr BN Singh
Nodal Officer for RTI, DDA

Dear Mr Singh,

This is to request information under s.4(1)(d)
pertaining to decision to cancel leases of certain
schools as reported in news items such as the
following of 15 & 16.12.05:
* Freeship: Lease of 4 schools cancelled
http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=161377
* For flouting freeship norm, top schools in hitlist
of 33
http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=161554
* Notice to DDA on petitions by schools
http://www.hindu.com/2005/12/16/stories/2005121624320300.htm
in context of the following, which make me affected
party:

I am affected party in view of court matters, etc,
enumerated herewith. Especially in view of order of
07.12.05 in the last mentioned, it is not clear to me
why leases are being cancelled and I need to know to
take / advise further steps in these matters as well
is in petitions / representations made in their
context to Rajya Sabha, Parliamentary Standing
Committee and President.

I am unable to identify the concerned PIO. Since
affidavits in WP 8954-59/2003 were deposed by Mr JS
Sandhu, Director (Lands), and Mr SP Satsangi, Senior
Architect, I am copying this to PIOs of those
departments, ie, OSD (Lands) and Addl CA, and also to
Dy CLA, PIO for Legal Wing. I request you to kindly
also forward the same to them in case of problems with
eml ids or to any other PIO as appropriate.

I will be especially grateful for expeditious disposal
of this request.

With regards
Gita Dewan Verma, Planner

cc:
as above
az plan

===court matter, etc, on account of which I am
affected===

1. I am (planner to) Petitioner in WP 8954/2003,
Master Plan Implementation Support Group v/s DDA & Ors
(including Delhi Government) in the matter of
enforcement of common school system neighbourhood plan
as per MPD provisions (consonant with later
Constitutional Amendments for Decentralisation and for
Compulsory Education) by rectification of impeding MPD
violations (including illegal policies of Delhi Govt)
that was disposed off on 27.10.2004 with directions to
DDA for action against all violations. Compliance is
awaited.

2. I am (planner to) Intervener, MPISG, in CMP
3073/2005 filed, specifically for protecting the
relief granted by order of 27.10.04, in WP 15436/2004,
Action Committee of Unaided Schools v/s Directorate of
Education & Ors (including DDA), one of several cases
by schools in the matter of Delhi Govt directive for
free seats. This CMP includes in Annexure-IR/4 a
proposal for progressive implementation of common
school system in a manner consonant with both DD Act
and Delhi Education Act and on 16.06.05, after the
suggestion that Action Committee had placed before CM
for running afternoon schools was rejected, the
learned single judge had asked us to give copies to
the parties for their consideration. These matters
have been shifted to the Division Bench in September.

3. I am party to MPISG objections/suggestions on draft
MPD-2021 proposals for schools duly filed on 04.07.05
includes MPISG CMP 3073/2005, note in context of WP
8594/2003 forwarded by Honble President to Secretary
MoHRD, letter to Secretary MoHRD in context of CMP
3073/2005 and letter dated 10.06.05 to Honble LG/ DDA
Chairman enclosing these, etc. This response awaits
hearing.

4. I am Intervener in CMP 10352/2005 filed in August
2005 in WP 3156/2002, Social Jurist v/s Delhi Govt &
Ors (including DDA), to draw attention to subsequent
order of 27.10.04 in MPISG PIL that favours a
different approach to the one of isolating the
free-seats condition from its enabling scheme being
pursued in purported compliance of prior order of
20.01.04 in Social Jurist PIL (for which Social Jurist
had moved Division Bench for further directions,
leading to shifting all school writs to that PIL). On
13.09.05 the court directed a high level meeting
presided by CM for counsel for Action Committee and
Social Jurist and senior officials including DDA VC to
discuss solutions (I had submitted that the matter
needed to be considered by LG, as already considered
by the single judge, but counsel for other parties,
including DDA, pressed for meeting with CM). I was
present in court (as was DDA counsel) when the matter
was last heard on 07.12.05. The court rejected the
report/proposal on behalf of CM and referred the
matter back to her with directions to consult
appropriate experts and submit another report in 6
weeks. The matter is listed for 22.02.06. This was
reported by a few newspapers, eg,
http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=160519