[mpisgmedia] Byelaw-reform by oral orders & 1 cr from USAID!!

saw today Hindu item of 19.12.05 getting irritable
about Delhi Govt not getting on with constructing
unauthorised building regulation regime, amidst
demolitions of unregulated buildings constructed
unauthorisedly!!

=============
Delhi Govt. sitting on new building bye-law file
http://www.hindu.com/2005/12/19/stories/2005121912420400.htm
...At a high level meeting convened by the Chief
Secretary recently an argument broke out among senior
officials over who ordered such a massive exercise. It
is learnt that as soon as the meeting began, Mr.
Regunathan sought to know from Principal Secretary
(Health) Rakesh Mehta... After being informed that it
was at the instance of the previous
Lieutenant-Governor Vijai Kapoor that this exercise
was carried out, Mr. Regunathan asked the officials to
produce a letter to support the claim. However, Mr.
Mehta pointed out that such orders were not issued in
writing...
The officials present at the meeting informed that the
present byelaws were anarchic in nature and if
Inspector Raj and redtapism was to end and if at all
the Delhi Government was interested in putting an end
to illegal and unauthorised constructions, the new
bye-laws that had the financial as well as
administrative backing of USAID, which had sanctioned
Rs. 1 crore for this project, had to be put in place
as soon as possible. The meeting was also informed
that the Delhi Cabinet had already approved it...
===========

In continuation of request of 17.11.05 re dissolution
of MCD for all this
http://plan.architexturez.org/site/mpisg/p/051117
have dispatched to MoHA cc MCD the following:

Dear Sir,
In continuation of the letter under reference, I
invite your attention to a news item dated 19.12.2005,
reproduced below. I am enclosing herewith requests for
information under RTI Act that I am making (by eml) to
Chief Secretary, GNCTD, and also to JS(D&L)-MoUD (in
respect of MPD-2021) and CPIO-MoUD (in respect of
JnNURM) in its context.
I am not able to detect the flaw in my perception of
the situation as prima-facie collusion between USAID
and MCD / Delhi Cabinet to subvert the authority of
Govt of India and request you to please point me that
or procedures to seek action against it.
Yours sincerely
Gita Dewan Verma, Planner

The RTI s.4(1)(d) requests I am posting after this.
If anyone makes a rep or RTI or anything on this, pl
post.