[mpisgmedia] RTI requests to MoUD re JnNURM (bylaws, CDPs & GATS offer)

Shri M Rajamani
Jt Secy (UD) / PIO (MoUD)

Dear Sir,

I wish you a happy new year and at the outset request
you to acknowledge my eml. Unlike with other
departments, none of my RTI requests to MoUD via eml
have been acknowledged. I assume they have been
received since none have bounced back and I have used
ids provided on MoUD website and also confirmed these
from the phone numbers provided. My emls are archived
on the internet and if I do not hear from you I will
send you the urls by post, but hope that will not be
necessary.

Please refer to my following prior requests:

* dated 05.12.05, re MoUD tender for EoI for CDPs by
19.12.05:
http://mail.architexturez.net/+/MPISG-Media/archive/msg00710.shtml
* dated 21.12.05, wrt revelation that bylaw reform /
Bill in Delhi (piloting JnNURM reform) came about by
oral orders and 1 cr from USAID:
http://mail.architexturez.net/+/MPISG-Media/archive/msg00738.shtml
with accompanying RTI requests to JS(DD&L) and CS
GNCTD wrt representation of 17.11.05 about dissolution
of MCD for pursuit of this Bill:
http://mail.architexturez.net/+/MPISG-Media/archive/msg00737.shtml
http://mail.architexturez.net/+/MPISG-Media/archive/msg00736.shtml
* dated 28.12.05, re start of Pune CDP by CRISIL /
implications for professional practice regulation in
context of GATS offer:
http://mail.architexturez.net/+/MPISG-Media/archive/msg00750.shtml

Since then media has reported MoUD is in the process
of empanelling consultants for CDPs for JnNURM, has
already invited JnNURM proposals from states, has
started JnNURM on 30.12.05 by setting up Mission
Directorate, is considering a unified metro authority
(to replicate *successful* DMRC model via JnNURM) and
SPVs on lines of US Bond Banks (to provide financial
support to JnNURM), has invited EoI by 13.01.06 for
UNDP-GoI Decentralised Urban Governance project in
Rajasthan, Orissa, Punjab and Kerala, will be holding
within the month JnNURM workshops in Lukhnow,
Guwahati, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Kolkata, is
sponsoring ITPI national convention at Amritsar on
14-16.01.06 to deliberate JnNURM, etc. Yesterday, a
meeting taken by PM has decided to closely monitor
JnNURM, etc, and Delhi CM met PM to urge further
municipal reform (in context of demolitions underway
in Delhi, in which context she and experts involved in
them have also been urging legislating the bylaw
reform / Bill, etc).

I request you to kindly let me know the following with
the expeditiousness with which MoUD is advancing
JnNURM:

1) have my RTI requests re JnNURM been rejected and /
or forwarded to USAID consultants? (I am in receipt
of copies, for my information, of letters by which
Delhi Govt forwarded my representation of 17.11.05,
basis of my RTI requests of 21.12.05, to MCD for
appropriate action and MCD forwarded it to RM Kapoor /
TRF and Bimal Patel / EPC for consideration and
necessary action)

2) were MoUD communications to DoC regarding GATS
published otherwise or under s.4(1)(c) of RTI Act when
the revised GATS offer was submitted in August? (in
context of my RTI request of 28.12.05, I had sought
today DoC view on conflict between GATS offer and
JnNURM CDP approach, etc, and was told DoC had relied
on views of MoUD, besides some other stakeholders not
covered by RTI Act)

Apropos MoUD communications to DoC re GATS I also
request you to most expeditiously provide me either
the url of internet publication or copy by eml under
s.4(4) of RTI Act read with its s.4(1)(d) (whereby I
am entitled to the same as person affected by your
decision to not publish, before proceeding with
empanelment of consultants for JnNURM CDPs, etc, the
information requested / suggested by me in my eml of
05.12.05).

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,
Gita Dewan Verma, Planner