[mpisgmedia] JnNURM: Pune CDP (re appointment of CRISIL)

--- Ranjit Gadgil <ranjit.gadgil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear Ms Verma,
>
> A coalition of concerned citizens, here in Pune is
> taking part in the undergoing CDP process. While we
> are interacting with Crisil we are not happy that
> they have been appointed in a manner that seems to
> be contrary to the norms set in the JNNURM toolkit.
> This has been explained away by saying that they are
> being funded by USAID and that Pune is part of a
> 'pilot' project, which apparently means the the
> tendering process can be bypassed.
>
> We are trying to get official information about this
> from various concerned authorities. To that end we
> will submit requests for information under RTI act.
> However in a brief search on the web, I came across
> the fact that you had already done this. So I wanted
> to ask you what information if any you have received
> so far and to whom you have made the RTI
> applications.
>
> Any information you could provide in this matter
> would be very helpful.

=====================

Dear Mr Gadgil,

I have not made any request for information under RTI
Act about the appointment of CRISIL per se. I have
made the following requests to MoUD regarding JnNURM /
CDPs and not received any response as yet:

* On 05.12.05, for publication of additional
techno-legal information relating to MoUD tender for
EOIs for CDPs
http://mail.architexturez.net/+/MPISG-Media/archive/msg00710.shtml
* On 21.12.05, for particulars of those who had
responded and for publication of information about how
the Delhi-experiment with municipal law informed
JnNURM.
http://mail.architexturez.net/+/MPISG-Media/archive/msg00738.shtml
* On 28.12.05, for the above (wrt CRISIL only in
context of a broader concern about regulating
professional planning practice post-GATS)
http://mail.architexturez.net/+/MPISG-Media/archive/msg00750.shtml
* On 03.01.06, for information of whether my requests
have been rejected and of MoUD views to DoC
http://mail.architexturez.net/+/MPISG-Media/archive/msg00763.shtml

I had received another eml from Pune in the same
matter, to which I had replied on 04.01.06. The
communication (which includes particulars of MoUD
CPIO) is at:
http://mail.architexturez.net/+/MPISG-Media/archive/msg00766.shtml
I am also copying this communication to the same list.

Thanks and regards,
Gita Dewan Verma, Planner

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com