[mpisgmedia] Delhi demolitions: VPSingh & Jagmohan! (stayin-alive!)

I was told there was yesterday some demolition in
Nizammudin area where VPSingh showed up afterwards and
was reminded of 2000 when VP had sat in protest in
front of bulldozer that Jagmohan had sent to Karbala
in Nizamuddin not realising the settlement behind him
was not poor slum!

Thinking about those days of top-notch
bulldozer-politics, I was feeling bad for media.
Sheila Dikshit has been snubbed. Prominent architects
are writing repetitive write-ins. Even Express
Newsline daily dose of which MLA/councillor has been
how naughty has become bland. NGOs have bravely
chipped in with Roy & Kejriwal, only to tamely
welcomingly-echo Dikshit. net net, 18000+
bulldoze-list and not a touch of real spice!

Chap who told me about Nizamuddin had only heard not
seen and did not know enough for us to know if we
might celebrate return of VPSingh or hope for
Jagmohan-to-follow. Well, maybe:

==========
Asian Age:
Jagmohan against ordinance
- By Archana Jyoti
New Delhi, Jan. 6: Strongly opposing passage of any
ordinance in Delhi on the line of Ulhasnagar ordinance
reportedly passed by Maharastra government, former
Union urban development minister Jagmohan ... who was
"punished" by the then BJP-led government for taking
"extreme" steps of ordering demolition of unauthorised
structures is obviously happy that "finally law is
taking its own course"..."Though I am yet to read the
details of the Ulhasnagar ordinance supposedly passed
by Maharastra government, I feel Delhi government
should not take any such steps. Laws are not meant to
be corrected to suit wrongdoing." The senior BJP
leader rued: " It is sad that everytime there is a
violation, judiciary has stepped in to make the things
correct...
=========

nb:
like all given to urban renewal and good-guvnance, he
also rued!

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com