[mpisgmedia] Does DMRC have any exemptions from RTI Act?

Shri Anuj Dayal, Chief Public Relations Officer & PIO
/
Shri CBK Rao, Director Project & Planning & AA

Dear Sirs,

Please refer to my eml of 07.01.06, at:
http://mail.architexturez.net/+/MPISG-Media/archive/msg00783.shtml
I am still unable to locate on DMRC website the EIA
report on which suggestions were invited by public
notice of 06.01.06.

In my eml I had also requested to be told if DMRC has
exemptions from RTI Act. I reiterate this question in
view of following information from popular media:

1. DMRC sources have been reported claiming
(variously central / Delhi govt) exemption from
payment of property tax and saying DMRC will ask DFC
to *reimburse* to MCD its 400 cr arrears. The
accounting principle by which arrears are convertible
to reimbursables is unclear. It is also unclear if
property tax holiday extends also to DMRC metro
property development. DMRC has not clarified confusing
press statements through any official disclosure of
facts. My questions about financial plan, SEZ ideas
for metro property development, etc, also remain
unanswered despite my writ petition and subsequent RTI
requests.

2. Like IIT, Kurukshetra University has also presented
a Doctorate to Dr Shreedharan and the widely
circulated Engineering News-Record has short-listed
him among 25 top news-makers for its excellence award.
These achievements of DMRC MD (or of excellent DMRC
PR) have been reported in popular press, but DMRC
website has nothing about them. These are academic /
professional honours and issues raised by functioning
of DMRC for professions are the premise of my writ
petition, as clearly articulated in Rejoinder, and of
my continuing RTI requests. My concerns remain
unanswered, while being exacerbated by such honours
for DMRC / DMRC MD.

If I receive no reply to this communication, text of
which I am also dispatching by courier, I will assume
that DMRC has / assumes / claims exemptions from RTI
Act (like it does from development, environment and
tax laws).

Yours sincerely,
Gita Dewan Verma, Planner