Re: [mpisgmedia] Metro Man in Kurukshetra U (the morning after)

Regarding Qutab and Metro

Members
I agree that the metro can help in easing the traffic situation between Delhi and Gurgaon but I cannot understand why such famous personalities cannot understand the approach and method to take to achieve this goal.

A meeting with ASI. Solutions are not found in meetings. Solutions are devloped through long term and consistant effort / hard work that involves right professional expertise.

In 1989 I prepared a report for DDA " Integrated Conservation of Mehrauli Heritage Zone," which was the first report that examined the connection between heritage (monuments and living heritage) and planning and development issues. Intach Delhi chapter supported this project for which i was consultant. There is reason to believe that this report also contributed to Qutab getting World heritage inscription in 93.

The information in this report helped the Mehrauli section of Delhi Listing. It has sustained the NGO with the project Archaeological park in name only ..... Of course the idea was in my report and I was not involved in any of the activities which were based on the work I did.

A question like the metro corridor the most suitable location can only be obtained through serious professional involvement. Had I been more involved this question would have been anwered. At least alternatives that safeguard the OUV and significance of the site would have emerged for debate and decision.

The DMP 2021 should have looked into these question... certainly. Of the meeting culture. Like playacting .....
There are some very unsustainable trends and lack of professionalism.

Transportation solutions in such a complex, fragile and significant fragile and significant areas need high level of expertise and committment.

Now answers are required for the metro line. Where was everyone. Who gets the laurels ? Who got nothing - I did!
Examine this carefully and you will find answers

Nalini

Government to improve infrastructure in the State, Dr
Kidwai said that Metro Rail Link Project from Delhi to
Gurgaon was being vigorously pursued with the Central
Government and the Government of NCT Delhi. Detailed
project reports for Metro Rail Link to Faridabad and
Bahadurgarh were also under preparation at a cost of
over Rs 1.37 crore.
http://news.webindia123.com/news/showdetails.asp?id=218729&cat=India

Sreedharan to meet ASI to sort out Qutab Metro route

RAJAT GUHA
Posted online: Friday, January 13, 2006 at 0000 hours
IST

NEW DELHI, JAN 12: Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
(DMRC) managing director E Sreedharan will meet
officials of the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI)
shortly to discuss the controversial Metro rail route
to Gurgaon via Qutab Minar...

http://www.financialexpress.com/fe_full_story.php?content_id=114301