Re: [mpisgmedia] JnNURM: Mumbai (land ceiling repeal)

M'shtra may delay ULCA repeal
Our Regional Bureau / Mumbai January 25, 2006

... state governments have been asked to carry out eight to nine mandatory
reforms ... For carrying out all these reforms, the central government has
given a five year deadline... A senior government official pointed out
that a distant deadline gives the state government a breather and it can
very well put the repeal of ULCA last on the agenda. At the end of five
year, nobody knows whether state has to actually honour these commitments,
he added.
He further said the state has already given a commitment to the National
Democratic Alliance (NDA) government earlier in this regard. The NDA
government had created a similar kind of fund for the urban
infrastructure. However, the NDA government neither asked for any
commitment nor given any funds to Maharashtra under the scheme, he pointed
out...

http://www.business-standard.com/common/storypage.php?storyflag=y&leftnm=lmnu2&leftindx=2&lselect=1&chklogin=N&autono=212815