[mpisgmedia] JNNURM: JNU joined mission?

JNU raises ecological alarm

Lakshmi B. Ghosh
NEW DELHI: Concerned that its rich ecological landscape is increasingly
facing threats from infrastructure expansions on the campus, Jawaharlal
Nehru University (JNU) teachers have formed a special environment
committee... In a letter to the committee members explaining the reasons
for the initiative, JNUTA noted that "such has been the pace and design of
this rapid infrastructure addition that the health of our natural
endowments has now become the source of much anxiety and consternation
among various members of JNU community. We remain unclear as to both the
quality and the quantity of our ecological footprint...

The environmental committee assembled by JNUTA includes experts C.R. Babu,
Dunu Roy, Pradip Kishen, Prashant Bhushan, Pratibha Pande, Shekhar Singh
and Vikram Soni, while representing JNU will be Aditya Mukherjee, Arun K.
Attri, Rohan D'Souza, Rupamanjari Ghosh, Sachidanand Sinha, Saumitra
Mukherjee, Sucheta Mahajan and V. Rajamani.

http://www.hindu.com/2006/01/31/stories/2006013112900400.htm