Re: [mpisgmedia] Building byelaw reform / MCD split: RTI reply from MHA

MCD split is CM proposal, not Delhi Govt proposal (and
evidently not political consensus proposal). would
that be routine darbaari-bhagidaari great-governance
or desperate resort to reform mantra to divert
attention from MCD Act violations / MCD mis-governance
by unstoppable grass-eating fence?

====MHA reply dated 31.01.06====
With reference to the your letter dated 31st January,
2006 on the subject noted above, I am to inform you
that a proposal received from the Chief Minister of
Delhi regarding division of the Municipal Corporation
of Delhi (MCD) into smaller municipal bodies, as
recommended by the Balakrishnan Committee and the
Virendra Prakash Committee, is under examination in
the Ministry of Home Affairs. No decision has so far
been taken in this regard.
========