[mpisgmedia] Tehkhand Public Notice / private participation policy

Mr VM Bansal
Pr Commissioner cum Secretary, DDA

Dear Sir,

Please refer to the news item reproduced at the end.

The Authority seems to have approved the land use
change proposal for Tehkhand project for which you had
invited objections / suggestions vide Public Notice
dated 31.8.2005. I had deposited my response at Vikas
Sadan on 29.9.2005. (I also enclosed the same in
application u/s.41(3) to LG/DDA Chairman). You sent me
no hearing intimation and I assume I was disallowed
hearing under proviso to Rule-9 of DD (MP&ZDP) Rules
because all my objections / suggestions were
"inconsequential" or "trivial" or "irrelevant" in the
opinion of the Board for Enquiry & Hearing duly
appointed as per Rule-8.

The Authority also seems to have re-considered and
approved the private participation policy that it had
considered but not approved in its Meeting on
19.10.2005. I had made requests for information about
that Meeting, from 25/26.10.2005 until my letter of
26.12.2005 to you, to which I have had no reply.

I request you, as Secretary to the Authority and
Boards appointed under DD (MP&ZDP) Rules, to kindly
provide to me most expeditiously:

(a) Facts about decision of the Board for Public
Notice of 31.8.2005 to disallow me hearing (also
liable to have been provided to me under s.4(1)(d) of
RTI Act)

(b) Particulars of accessible information in respect
of the Board / disposal (also liable to have been
published under s.4(1)(b) of the RTI Act)

(c) Particulars of accessible information in respect
of Authority Meetings (also liable to have been
published under s.4(1)(b) of the RTI Act)

(d) Dates of Authority meetings (since at least
October 2002) that considered Tehkhand project site
and/or private participation in housing (and if resort
to RTI is required for this, particulars of the
concerned PIO)

Do please acknowledge this e-mail.

Yours truly
Gita Dewan Verma, Planner

cc:

Ms Neemo Dhar, Director PR (with request for
information of official press release / publication,
if any, on the subject)

azplan

===Times of India, Tuesday, February 14, 2005, p.7===

DDA to tie up with pvt builder in South Delhi

By Rumu Banerjee/TNN

New Delhi: If you were hoping for budget housing from
the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) in the heart of
Delhi, this could come as a dampener. The land owning
agency is planning to invite bids for a 14.3 hectares
plot by this month end. Located in the middle of south
Delhi, the plot will be developed as a residential
colony - entirely by a private builder.
Located at Maa Anandmai Marg, this almost 30-acre plot
in Tehkhand is the first private-public partnership by
the DDA. Tagged at a staggering Rs 200 crore - the
reserve price that the land-owning agency has set -
the project is expected to see "competitive" bidding,
claim DDA officials. In other words, expect the price
to go up at least 1.5 times the reserve price.
Said Santosh Kumar of Trammelcrow Meghraj, "If it's
Delhi, it'll sell. I would say the reserve price set
by DDA is quite reasonable in the circumstances."
Which in turn means that prices of the 750 HIG flats
on offer, at market prices, could touch heights.
According to DDA, the project would be handed over on
a turn-key basis to the private builder. That is, from
constructing the housing units - 3500 EWS
(Economically Weaker Section) flats for those being
rehabilitated from slums and 750 HIG flats to be sold
by the developer at market prices - to services like
sewage, water supply, roads, electricity, will be the
builder's responsibility. Said a senior DDA official,
"All the developed common facilities, as earmarked by
the Master Plan, will thereafter be handed back to us
for allotment."
With the DDA set to invite bids - sources claimed that
if clearance from the urban development ministry comes
through soon, it could go to market as early as within
a week - the agency hopes to that the positive buzz
would set a precedent. "The feedback from developers
has been good. A sizable part of the total area -
around five hectares - has been designated for HIG
flats. The developer has plenty of scope for profit,"
added a senior official.
Prevailing market prices seem to prove this theory.
With process in south Delhi soaring by the day, an HIG
flat in this area is bound to fetch upwards of Rs 45
lakh and above.
Added Kumar, "If the access is also developed by DDA,
the flats could cost even more." The rest of the 3,500
EWS flats, also to be developed by the private
builder, will be allotted by DDA to those
rehabilitated from slums. Around 1,400 have already
been identified - from the Tehkhand slums. The project
is taking off after almost a year. The proposal was
first floated in July 2005.