[mpisgmedia] free-seats quota: committification (ask Laura Bush?)

at last hearing (22 feb) high court had directed delhi govt to appoint committees (the only other thing I caught was the matter was transferred back to DB1). eom is SJ release that says commitification notification has been issued. It also solicits suggestions, which is odd.

the car-racing style in which SJ overtook all other litigation suggested impatient clarity-of-purpose awaiting only commitification. others commitified have helped extrapolate to national bill the yet-to-happen delhi success, suggesting some how-to-make-happen vision awaiting only commitification. for bonhomie, by common choice, the commitification is by our charming CM. so we should be witnessing now committified magic: pied-piper charming all poor children to reluctant school portals opening to alibaba khuljasimsim and maybe charming CM beatifically beaming at monitors-n-mouses for city-wide e-inauguration of e-governance systems for participatory sustainable management of fairy-tale... ... why are we witnessing committified suggestion-soliciting via bulk-mail?

I have a thought that I cannot use (we have an anti-committification position - arising from the premise that mpd solution can be implemented and delhi govt is not competent to implement it - that we cannot press in the situation created by SJ pil, leading to unusable thoughts about form of commitification likely to better the mpd solution). I wonder if our CM can commitify Laura Bush.

From her pics at charities and studio, Laura seems good for children. our PM
missus also seems good (she read couplet in mushaira at DPS freebie school adoption by late Kaifi Azmi), as do our gorgeous beauty queens who wanted to work for children. Ours CM, committed to woman-power and world-classiness, might have commitified leading ladies for momentous task of making-work the success already extrapolated to what will be law for teaching children of largest democracy that just became partner of wealthiest democracy for brightness of future, ie said children. Her insipid selection of suggestions-soliciting chaps (who also happen to be all men) seems so petty. I think she should try and commitify Laura Bush.

===SJ release===

From: "Social Jurist" <socialjurist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: Notification 02.03.2006 constituting committee on freeship quota
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 11:59:32 +0530

NOTIFICATION

No.394 Dated : 02.03.06

Hon'ble Chief Minister, Delhi has constituted a committee to look into the manner and modalities of admission of children of economically weaker sections of society under the free-ship quota, including looking into aspects of financial support of students being admitted under, freeship quota by the government by way of the text books, uniform, etc.

The committee shall comprised of the following :-

1. Prof. Krishna Kumar, Director, NCERT. -Chairman

2. Prof. Furkhan Qumer, Reader,

Jamia Milia Islamia. -Member

3. Sh. Ashok Agarwal, Advocate,

and representative of Social Jurist' -Member

4. Sh. S. L. Jain, Gen. Secy. Action Committee

of Unaided Recognised Schools -Member

5. Sh. B. L. Yadav,

Dy. Director of Education (Planning),

Directorate of Education, Delhi. -Member

Chairman of the committee may co-opt any other person into the Committee as he may deem fit.

The Committee shall be reimbursed the expenses incurred on the travel of the Members on the day of the meeting, and refreshments served during the deliberations as per the NCERT norms.

The committee shall submit its report within six weeks.

Sd/-

(S. N. Misra)

Joint Director of Education

You may kindly send your suggestions to socialjurist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx