Re: [mpisgmedia] metro property development (court up-date)

Hi Gita,

Glad to know that DMRC is wasting public's money (laoned at usurious rates from Japanese Govt) seeking legal opinion on whether to seek compensation from you.

A company called hathaway cable tried that on me once - claiming Rs. 800 Cr damages (in a small causes suit valued at Rs. 300) for blocking set top boxes for cable tv under cas. The stbs are still rotting away in chennai port since last 3 years- so they have now stooped to going to the HC of Delhi to foist these unsafe and out of warranty boxes on the poor public of delhi.

Gita Dewan Verma <mpisgplanner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The application for amending my writ petition to add
prayer for quashing notifications allowing
metro-property-development was allowed on 5.4.06.
Respondents have to file reply to the amended
petition.

They were keen to get vacated the stay granted on
27.7.05 on their recreation-amusement (tender to
license 15 Ha of riverbed for 15 years with reserve
bid price of 5 cr). They had brought files to show how
that was temporary. We could not see how. So they
could not get stay vacated. Next hearing is on 5.7.06

I saw lots of other things in their files that I
suppose it is improper to gossip about. But there was
one page that I think is my privilege to divulge. DMRC
MD had sought legal opinion about claiming from me
compensation for revenue loss due to the stay granted
by the court in my petition. (The legal advice given
was that is possible only if the court holds that my
petition is false and frivolous)

=== message truncated ===