Re: [mpisgmedia] EWS Delhi???

Pushta demolition, Tehkhand Auction and Collective Wisdom !!

Multi-storey homes for slum dwellers

PTI[ TUESDAY, APRIL 25, 2006 11:45:14 PM]

NEW DELHI: The Centre on Tuesday announced plans to build 100,000
multi-storeyed homes for Delhi's slum dwellers in the next two years.
Union urban development minister S Jaipal Reddy said new housing units would
be built on the same land occupied by the slum dwellers through
public-private partnerships.
"We are thinking of building 100,000 dwelling units for slum dwellers of
Delhi in the next two years. We will be going for multi-storeyed buildings
for them," he said at the opening of a Delhi Urban Art Commission (DUAC)
exhibition here.
Also, he spoke about housing needs of Delhi's 16 million people, saying
authorities would be required to liberalise rules to meet the burgeoning
demands.
.
"The primary role of the group would be to serve as a think tank in which
preliminary ideas can be evolved by all the participating agencies so as to
benefit from collective wisdom, concerns and experiences," he said.
Delhi's Lt-Governor B L Joshi, chief minister Sheila Dikshit, union urban
development secretary Anil Baijal and DUAC chief Charles Correa also spoke
at the event