Re: [mpisgmedia] delhi laws(special provisions) bill

This is an amazingly bad piece of legislation.

So while we are about it, lets

1) Suspend the IPC and CrPC for 1 year too since all those poor criminals and rapists have been starving for years now and the jails are full and State cant guarantee the Fundamental Rights of undertrials till new jails are constructed till MPD2021 is passed

2) Suspend the operation of the Dowry Act since so many traders have been put out of business and cant marry off their sons decently and need to sell their sons in the marriage mart to survive.

3) Suspend the operation of the Sharda Act till such time as govt has enough Nari Niketans to absorb the underage minors who are being dumped here - this off course is again till MPD2021 is passed and/or MCD is trifurcated.

In disgust

Sarbajit

P Prakash <pprakash1@xxxxxxx> wrote:
THE DELHI LAWS (SPECIAL PROVISIONS) BILL, 2006: what it means

Express News Service

New Delhi, May 12: What Bill seeks to do
Impose a one-year moratorium on sealing and demolition of commercial
establishments in residential areas and unauthorised construction. Penal
action by civic bodies after the court orders would be null and void during
the moratorium. "All notices issued by any local authority for initiating
action against the categories of unauthorised development shall be deemed to
have been suspended and no punitive action shall be taken during the
period..." the Bill says.

Reason for the current chaos
Head of the Urban Design Department in the School of Planning and
Architecture, Prof K T Ravindran, says a new Masterplan for the city was to
be evolved every 20 years. "But what the DDA usually does is simply make
changes to the existing ones. The present crisis in land use, including
mixed land use, is a result of this non-evolvement of existing policies. The
Masterplan policies which exist today are the same that existed in 1962,"
Ravindran says.

What the DDA/MCD will now have to do
Delhi has been divided into 15 Zones from A to P - eight urban area, six
rural and one in the Yamuna river bed. So far, zonal plans for six zones
have been notified by the Centre. Nine zones, including urban extensions
like Dwarka, Rohini and Narela are yet to be developed by the Delhi
Development Authority. The MCD will also have to ensure that the Local Area
Plans that identify roads for mixed land are completed by year-end.

Partyspeak
* I had been demanding an Ordinance or a Bill from the start. Once the
Khanna Committee report and the Masterplan is finalised, all the issues
regarding unauthorised construction will be addressed.
- Ram Babu Sharma, DPCC chief
* I congratulate Ajay Maken and Jaipal Reddy for bringing in this pro-poor
Bill. Within this one year the commercial establishments and unathorised
constructions should be regularised and Masterplan implemented.
- Mahabal Mishra, DDA Board member and Congress MLA
* This is a small relief after a long time. This will keep the fate of
Delhiites undecided, prompting corrupt officials to fleece them for another
year.
- Dr Harsh Vardhan, Delhi BJP president
* The Bill is full of flaws as there is no mention of the fate of the 40,000
shopkeepers who have filed affidavits in the Court promising to shut shop by
June 30. Also, the government must offer compensation to those whose homes
and shops have been pulled down.
- Subhash Arya, BJP councillor
* The government should have looked for a permanent solution instead of
bringing a Bill that would temporarily halt the sealing and demolition
drives for one whole year.
-Vijender Gupta, BJP councillor and member of the standing committee (MCD)

http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=182287