Re: [mpisgmedia] Maken, the plan-maker

There's another beauty in today's Indian Express Newsline on TK report and MPD 2001 incorporation.

Gita Dewan Verma <mpisgplanner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Priority for creating heritage zones, green belt:
Maken
Sujay Mehdudia
Asserting that heritage and environment were the focus
areas, Mr. Maken said ...
Assuring the people in general and environmentalists
in particular that their aspirations would be taken
care of in the new Master Plan, Mr. Maken said ...
Stating that it was for the first time that the issues
concerning the poor, hawkers, vendors and those living
in slum clusters were being touched upon in the Master
Plan, Mr. Maken said ...

Regretting that the planners had neglected the poor in
the past, Mr. Maken said ...

http://www.hindu.com/2006/06/13/stories/2006061314350400.htm

http://mail.architexturez.net/+/In-Enaction/archive/msg00004.shtml
http://mail.architexturez.net/+/In-Enaction/archive/msg00003.shtml