[mpisgmedia] Maken, plan-maker: promises Tehkhand in Bawana

Prepare for MCD elections
Staff Reporter
Addressing a one-day training camp organised by the
Bawana block here...
Union Minister of State for Urban Development Ajay
Maken announced that the Union Government was in the
process of framing a new policy for JJ clusters,
vendors and hawkers so that they do not face
displacement time and again. Spelling out the
commitment of the Congress-led Government at the
Centre to protect the interests of people of Delhi,
Mr. Maken said it was being planned that in-situ
development of the JJ clusters be taken up and also
low cost houses and shops be provided to the poor in
various parts of Delhi...
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit while detailing
achievements of her Government informed that both
water and power situation had improved tremendously in
the Capital and exhorted the Congress workers to
create awareness about the achievements of the Delhi
Government...
http://www.hindu.com/2006/06/16/stories/2006061621450300.htm