Re: [mpisgmedia] Tehkhand (Board decision)

Hi Gita,
Am busy velaing in Mysore (there's a huge JNURM scam also going on here BTW).

This is hardly a "speaking" order - more like a "tiptoeing" one :-)

What do they mean by "finally notified" ??

Sarbajit

Gita Dewan Verma <mpisgplanner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: I have received on 15.06.06 the speaking-order of the
Board on my court ordered hearing (to me it seems more
like counter-affidavit in defence of the project than
order on my objections, but then I do not know what
exactly speaking-order means).

The decision of the Board (to which the court order
made confirming the bid etc subject) is, quite
expectedly, that it *does not find any infirmity in
the notification dated 23-2-06 and upholds the process
of change of landuse notified vide notification dated
23-2-06, which has already been finally notified*.

I guess Rajinder & Anr will go back to court.

We won in this round:

(a) unique specimen of post-notification hearing of
objections, deserving pride of place in
any memorial or eulogy for planning law (in my memoirs
it shall have that also as unique case of prompt
compliance of court order, for which I guess I owe
thanks to DLF Universal Ltd and Indiabulls whose 100
cr emd acted as speed-money).

(b) clear proof that we are n-o-t ngo, as alleged by
our respondents, and n-o-t agitating public interest
under garb of private interest: no public-spirited or
ngo munches took any interest in the 15-day window of
opportunity to protest Tehkhand and the speaking-order
description of it, *in-situ with participation of the
stakeholders, slum dwellers and private sector*,
exactly matches their demands.

We lost: A bit of our confidence in the possibilities
of s.11A, but only a wee bit, as what it would have
taken to uphold the DD Act rather than the
notification in the peculiar circumstances is beyond
the realm of reasonable expectations. and we are
ordinary reasonable chaps.

I will post the speaking-order etc by and by.