[mpisgmedia] clarification re misquote in Delhi newsline

Editor, Express Newsline <editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

Sir,
This is regarding the news item at:
http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=190478
Some inane remark is attributed to me in the same.

This is to clarify that I have said no such thing to
your reporter, who did call me yesterday to ask for my
opinion on some thing he had heard from unspecified
DDA sources. I had only told him that J-Zone
urbanization was a draft MPD-2021 proposal (in
significant departure from previous MPD provisions)
and advised him to verify his facts concerning the
Authority meeting yesterday from the concerned DDA
officers and to exercise caution while seeking expert
comments.

Apropos the other expert comment published, somewhat
like a clarification on the comment attributed to me,
I can clarify on basis of publicly available
information that practically all of J-Zone is notified
by the CGWA. However, Prof KT Ravindran, to whom the
other expert comment is attributed, was a member of
the sub-group for Environment and also amongst general
consultants for the draft MPD-2021. As such, he would
be aware of more detailed or recent information that
your reporter could interview him about for benefit of
your readers.

In general, I would be very grateful if you would ask
your reporters not to call me for bytes on issues
falling in the ambit of Public Notice procedures or
pertaining to my professional practice. Experts like
myself consider being (mis)quoted in the press in such
matters a violation of professional ethics as well as
of statutory process for public participation and, as
mis-information, also of the spirit of the RTI Act. I
am sure you will respect this viewpoint even if you
differ with it.

Regards
Gita Dewan Verma, Planner

cc: az plan - mpisg