[mpisgmedia] J & O Zone ZDP Public Notices

TOI p.13. had yesterday 21.08.06 the s.10(1) Public
Notices inviting objections/suggestions for 90-days on
the draft ZDPs for J-Zone and O-Zone. There is still
nothing on DDA website about these.

In continuation of my request dt 29.6.06 (eom) I
deposited yesterday the foll:

==========
Shri AK Jain
Commissioner (Planning)
DDA
Vikas Minar, New Delhi-110002

Sub: J-Zone and O-Zone Draft ZDP Public Notices
u/s.10(1)
Ref: My letter dt 29.06.06 (enclosed for ready
reference)

Sir,

Public Notices for J-Zone and O-Zone Draft ZDPs have
been published today (cf TOI, p.13).

These mention only the draft ZDPs as being available
for inspection. I am not able to locate copy/details
of the same on the website of the DDA (unlike draft
MPD-2021).

Kindly let me know which of the information requested
in my letter under reference is not included in the
draft ZDPs and whether that will be made available for
inspection under DD Act or needs to be obtained under
RTI Act.

To be able to respond effectively I will also need
DDA's opinion (in nature of speaking orders) on my
objections/ suggestions in response to prior public
notices for MPD-2001 modifications in J-Zone and
O-Zone. In terms of time span these range from public
notice dt 15.09.02 (Sultangarhi) to one dt 18.07.06
(Delhi Govt ILBS). Kindly also let me know what is the
most efficient way for obtaining the same, as RTI
procedures in DDA do not as yet enable efficient
access to actionable information.

Thanking you

Yours sincerely
Gita Dewan Verma, Planner
==========

For whatever they are worth in these anti-Plan times,
some plannerly facts:

ZDPs are mandated by s.8 of the DD Act. They are to
detail out MPD policies to bridge to next
(non-statutory) level planning. MPD is mandated by s.7
to define allocations across uses (MPD Land Use Plan)
and overall policies (MPD main text) and norms
(Development Code) for each use and overall processes
(Monitoring Frame). The allocations are the rigid
boundaries within which the ZDPs must detail out
policies bearing in mind the rationale for the norms
and processes.

Zones for which ZDPs are to be prepared are to be
delineated in MPD under s.7. MPD-1962 delineated 136
zones grouped in 8 planning divisions. For expediting
ZDPs, MPD-2001 delineated the 8 planning divisions as
Zones. Outside the MPD-62 zones/limits 7 more Zones
were delineated. (ie, total of 15 Zones).

ZDPs for the 8 Zones covering the MPD-62 zones have
been made. In the urban extension, sub-city plans
spanning more than one zones were prepared (Rohini,
Dwarka and Narela). There was no need to prepare the
other ZDPs because no development was proposed in MPD
for them.

The mis-information experts who have been shouting
about slow ZDPs have actually been shouting for
opening up for development areas for which MPD-2001
does not have any clear policies for detailing in ZDP.
On their fuzzy popular demands, we have now draft ZDPs
for fuzzy popular participation for J-Zone and O-Zone,
ie our ridge and riverbed.

=====from post of 29.06.06=======