[mpisgmedia] mpisg pil - court update (and why we did not bring up MLU)

mpisg pil (hanging fire since 2002) for mpd solutions
for commercial use and the mpisg pil (hanging fire
since 2003) for mpd solutions for urban villages, ie
the places that compliant-experts are nowadays calling
lal-dora out of nostalgia for brit-law, came up for
hearing on 6 sep.

in april MUD had been ordered to reply (or else Secy
Anil Baijal to appear in person). In may on request of
DDA Ld counsel Sabharwal MUD was given last op and
Delhi Govt was also directed to reply (after we showed
its eia public notice for the VK Malls, as evidence of
the fact that it has role other than bhagidaari and
whining about not having control). Neither had replied
and we had filed in the commercial use case additional
affidavit to bring on record construction w/o permit
or eia of a mall on site meant for local shops (driven
to mixed-use) and hawkers (driven to ladies-ngo) and
in the villages case, as additional docs, the recent
public notices for Lal Dora committee, Farmhouse
committee and post-facto land use change for the
nearly constructed Del Govt Liver and Biliary
Institute.

Both cases have the highly topical mixed-use issues,
but we decided to avoid bringing up those since it
would require at least 3 minutes uninterrupted to
explain that we are referring to mixed use as defined
in MPD and not the circus in town and our opposite Ld
counsel Sabharwal, who appears for DDA and generously
defends all our respondents (totaling 7) is given to
interrupting at approx every 30 seconds. Also, we were
up before acting CJ V.Jain, who is making notable
governance-efforts to cleanse the city of all
unauthorized constructions and misuse, and we thought
the mall and Delhi Govt Livery w/o bldg permit or eia,
were more in tune with the present concerns of the
court.

Anupam reported that Del Govt and MUD had not complied
and Lordship aked the opp counsel if he should issue
warrant for the Secy. MUD had graciously sent a
counsel who meekly asked for wee bit more time. We
pointed to our addnl docs and Ld counsel Sabharwal
made some unintelligible interruptions. Lordship asked
if we had stay and Anupam said no. Ld counsel
Sabharwal pointed out we had also filed addnl
affidavit and he wanted 4 weeks to reply. Lordship
gave them all 4 weeks to reply and us some more to
rejoin and listed the matter in november.

Meanwhile, we have:
* progressed to 2nd Appeals under RTI about TKC
* managed stalling of eia clearance of the mall and a
couple of trucks are impounded and some fellas locked
up.