Re: [mpisgmedia] (W&M and) USAID-sponsored MCD Bill (byelaw business)

Gita Dewan Verma wrote:
:) thnks. W&M, as used by ms.saraswati subu (who
taught grammar to my in school) has been great source
of inspiration . ms.subu used her well-bound well-used
W&M to hit us on the head (gently, as we were
chillun). i use my well-bound well-used MPD likewise.
I feel nostalgically hit on head, gently. and so:

bolt W&M, we'll be glad to hit you on the head anytime you want. gosh!
we'll do it twice before anyone asks. we'll hit a planner thrice even.
for sure. be our guests.

item says "ProfessionalS like architect and builders
responsible..."

not "Professional like architect and builders
responsible..."
not "Professionals like architects and builders
responsible..."

what does W&M say for that? that architect-only are
professionals and builders-only responsible, or that
builders like architect are professionals and
responsible, or that architect-and-builders
combinations are professionals and responsible...
(and check the byelaw-business, besides W&M)

typical minglish, or media muddled english. no wonder they all turned
blogger

bolt W&M again, this manpage guy here
http://www.architexturez.in/sys/
says, oughtta read with a pipe, as

"professional like architect" & builders | responsible

so syntactically it is still one of "responsible" or "builders", whether
professionals like architects or not is another issue, but we rest our
case (unless anyone around here has appetite for more poetry)

- Architexturez
(who is good with pipes while the world goes down the drain)

re KT-the-SPA-dean, anyone caring to nail ambiguities,

ATKT. any of you old guys remember that one?

please tell. anyone wanting to make that regular
teaching exercise also tell (we ought to be able to
pull out plenty for course-ware). as far as I know SPA
and Delhi are not infested with either planners or
architects but by ambiguous architect-planners.

oh! but they are, even one mouse in my house makes it mouse infested,
and the last we counted they had 2,300 planners at ITPI or thereabouts.

(now nail that ambiguity)

anyway the comment was about professional ethics, not punishable
hit-on-the-head ethics, but the absence of a certain precision which
would make me, a non architect planner hater, respect a guy
unfortunately lacking.

.A (wishing for 2,300 copies of W&M to turn into W of M(ass) Destruction, one ontha headof eachplanner and none too gently)