Re: [mpisgmedia] MLU: notification that cant be implemented (so MUD flouts Constitution!)

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1988741.cms

> | obviously! it must wait until:
> | USAID-sponsored MCD Bill becomes Act
> | TKC reco of DD Act repeal are implemented
> | Ashok Pradhan reco of DDA to Del Govt is
> implemented

---

| I eat my words. I missed the obvious option.
| it (cant but) will notify lawlessly

Now, Delhi Govt can notify roads

... the Union Urban Development Ministry has issued a
corrigendum to its notification of amendments in the
2001 Masterplan issued last week, empowering the Delhi
government to notify the roads that have been notified
by MCD.
...The Corporation too was only recently empowered to
identify and notify roads for commercial use by the
Urban Development Ministry. Earlier, it was only the
Delhi Development Authority (DDA) that could carry out
the notification exercise ...

http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=201294

Pioneer: Unfazed UDM empowers Delhi Govt to notify
streets

Rajesh Kumar | New Delhi

...The Thursday's corrigendum said: Local body
authorities with the approval of Competent Authority
can issue the notification under the relevant Act.
Competent authority should be read as Urban
Development Department of Government of NCT Delhi.
The corrigendum was issued after Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit spoke to UDM Minister S Jaipal Reddy on
Thursday morning ... Dikshit had discussed the issue
with Secretary (Urban Development) Anil Baijal and
Lieutenant Governor B L Joshi before conveying her
message to Reddy... After receiving the corrigendum
from UDM, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit convened a
high level meeting at her residence which was attended
by State UD Minister A K Walia, Chief Secretary R
Narainaswamy and senior officials of law department.
After the meeting, Walia said the State would begin
the notifying process from Friday...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1988736.cms