Re: [mpisgmedia] in-enaction Digest, Vol 55, Issue 12

I too heard from a faculty in SPA who was told by a faculty from Sushant School about the sealing.

------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 21:49:50 +0530
From: "Rajat Ray" <shalgram@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [in-enaction] I think no one can help TVB-SHS
To: "Architexturez: Enaction-L" <in-enaction@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

At the rear end of Bhawani Kunj behind D-2 of Vasant Kunj in Delhi the main
entry gate of the physical site from where TVB-SHS has been running, now
stands closed and locked with a seal. Several doors of the two greenish
building blocks in which various academic and administrative activities have
been running also are locked with seals. Till Friday (at least) one small
side gate was left open, possibly provisionally allowing nominal pedestrian
access for some logistical purpose . One could go in and walk up to the
empty green patches, look across the wall at the far end to view the top of
the temple on the adjacent land behind and take a stroll to to the small
pit dressed with curvilinear steps as an open air theater or to the car
porch converted into a sitting place where many discussions happened till
very recently; one could still peep into the small roofless court space
where some colourful posters and more stern looking notices were still
hanging around the tree pit . In the August evening one felt a bit haunted
by the eerie calm interspersed with heady nostalgia.

It is heard that TVB-SHS have had no new batch of students admitted this
season so far. TVB-SHS it appears is still existing in the form of four
batches of current students, some faculty and administrative staff looking
for an alternative foothold.

RR

-------------- next part --------------

On 12/08/07, Architexturez <[1] interface.services@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Gita Dewan Verma wrote:
> Dean of Studies A B Lal had called to ask if I
> could *help* about their illegal site, since I
> understand best Delhi Master Plan processes.

We hear it was sealed on Friday, could anyone confirm if TVB School
is
still in business or no?

------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 17:55:49 +0530
From: Anand Bhatt <anand.bhatt@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [in-enaction] fwd: Open Baithak at The Attic, Thursday August
23rd
To: Architexturez: Enaction-L <in-enaction@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Open Baithak" Performance in Poetry Series

Location: The Attic, 36 Regal Buildings, New Delhi

Time: 6.30-9 pm, Aug 23, 2007 Thursday

After a longish summer break, the Baithak Opens again. Come with the
poems you've scribbled in these three hot months and show us what you wrote!

For the open reading, sign up starts at 6.30pm. Readings start at 7pm.
Each poet gets 5 mins on the mike and is expected to bring in new work
every time -- and also to delight the audience by doing risky and
innovative things with it. You can read in any language.

Contact Monica Mody for more info, or if you have tech needs/questions:
openbaithak@xxxxxxxxx

Also featuring

Taru Dalmia aka Delhi Sultanate

Taru started rapping at the age of 10 in Europe, engaging in "freestyle
battles" on street corners and later in Hip Hop clubs. (A freestyle
battle consists of two MCs competing against each other using lyrical
assaults, and hence deconstructing each other's persona with improvised
rhymes.) At around 15, he began operating a reggae sound system and was
heavily influenced by Jamaican artists belonging to the often militantly
political Bobo Ashanti branch of Rastafarianism.

Today he raps in plain English and in the more rhythmic and expressive
reggae style patois, while trying to adapt the reggae and hip hop format
to the Indian context.

About Open Baithak:

A new monthly poetry in performance series in Delhi, Open Baithak offers
a space for poets to think about new and innovative ways of presenting
poetry to audiences, and a test platform for emerging poet performers.
It makes a regular meeting place for poets from different linguistic,
written and oral traditions. It is also a meeting place for listeners
and readers of poetry. It hopes to be a place and a space where together
we can make poetry better than the movies.

History:

Earlier this year, the British Council Delhi had organized a Spoken Word
Series featuring performances and workshops by and Indian poets such as
Anjum Hasan, Jeet Thayil, John Hegley, Lemn Sissay, Patience Agbabi and
Vivek Narayanan. This culminated in an open mic evening at Sarai, where
those of us present felt the necessity for more such spaces, which give
an opportunity to poet performers to explore how performance and poetry
can be brought together, spaces where words can come alive on the stage
through ways and means ranging from music to rhythm to dance and beyond.
The first Open Baithak was held at The Attic on May 18, 2007.

Our Sponsor:

We are immensely grateful to the British Council Delhi for giving us the
financial support to get the series up and running.

Message: 9
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 17:57:58 +0530
From: Anand Bhatt <anand.bhatt@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [in-enaction] fwd: Currently show at GALLERYSKE: Germs,