[mpisgmedia] JNNURM: Delhi: reconsideration

I have GOI response to request to reconsider JNNURM approvals given in June to Delhi slum projects, saying the matter is being examined in consultation with GNCTD. GOI had earlier called for GNCTD comment on my letter about (my unsuccessful attempts to access information about) two basic decisions reflected in / advanced by the GNCTD CDP published in April. MOHUPA CSMC, not seized of that, cleared some projects and i requested reconsideration.
I hope issues of validity / legality / propriety will get resolved at least somewhat. The grounds on which i have requested reconsideration are:
===
1. "Coordination of work in respect of the Master Plan and Slum Clearance in the National Capital Territory of Delhi" is listed at No.16 in subjects allotted to MOUD under the GOI Allocation of Business Rules 1961...
2. CSMC in MoHUPA was constitued... only "for sanctioning and monitoring of projects submitted by State Governments / UTs". It is not specifically empowered to sanction projects submitted without requisite GOI authorizations where applicable.
3. ...MOUD has no record of delegations of GOI powers / functions apropos slums in NCTD to GNCTD... MoHUPA also has no such record... GNCTD (Urban Dvpt Deptt)...too has no such record. Apparently, GOI powers have not been delegated to to GNCTD for its CDP and DPRs, that it has also not submitted through MOUD.
4. GNCTD has been pursuing its projects ... since around 2002 (in prima facie violation of statutory provisions and court orders). After their approval under JNNURM it has reportedly decided not to wait for JNNURM funds and has finalised tenders on 28-06-07 while also deciding to seek waiver of certain JNNURM conditions. It would seem that only legitimacy was being sought under JNNURM for these projects.
===

- gita

http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC