Fool's adventures in nomadism

Inna Runova Semetsky wrote:

> Fool is ultimate creativity - yet it grows out of nothing. On the Tarot
> card Fool is usually displayed on the verge of the abyss - which contains
> nothing yet is full of possibilities. Thus Fool is not equated with
> chaos but rather with the ordering principle (despite being a fool). Fool
> is nomad! I'm working on a paper relating Fool's adventures to nomadism.
> inna

hi inna,

this sounds really interesting... i'd love to hear more about this as
i'm into a long exploration of d&g and tarot stuff. i don't know if
you've been to my site
@ http://www.tw2.com/staff/daniel/ ?? this is only a basic
functionality at the moment, but will (eventually...) have a lot of text
material by me and whatever else i can find.

this text will try to work through (in a hopefully open way, from the
bottom up, rather than from the top down) concepts like BwO, becoming,
strata, rhizome, d-a, war machine, nomads, etc.

i've been a bit daunted by the size of this task! but i've done quite a
lot of working through my basic ideas already... including on the
fool.

i think you're quite right in seeing the fool not as "chaos" but as more
of an ordering (- but not articulating) creative movement into chaos/the
abyss. i see the card as centrally tied into metamorphosis and
becoming: he moves into the unknown, towards limits, towards "chaos",
but is not necessarily these things himself.

the cards suggests the possibility of becoming, the possibilty of a
radical upheaval, an influx of the unknown... of a rhizome flourishing
suddenly where everything was stratified rigidly.... a line of flight...
on the crowley deck fool, it shows (amongst many other symbols) a
butterfly - very suggestive in a d&g context (metamorphosis,
irreversible changes of nature). he is within a structured space, but
the extremes of his body exceed it... the whole design of the card shows
him inside an egg-like form...

and yes, he is a nomad - more so than any of the other cards... it's
especially interesting that the card itself has wandered around in the
deck - from first to last, and sometimes as having no fixed position...

anyway... enough of my rambling... i could go on about this forever!

does any of this relate to/conflict with your own thinking?
what deck are you using/what sources?

dan h.

--
http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/chupacabras/48/
http://www.tw2.com/staff/daniel/

Ware ware Karate-do o shugyo surumonowa,
Tsuneni bushido seishin o wasurezu,
Wa to nin o motte nashi,
Soshite tsutomereba kanarazu tasu.

We who study Karate-do,
Should never forget the spirit of the samurai,
With peace, perseverance and hard work,
We will reach our goal without failure.