semiotics of paranoia

well Michael,

I'm another one your post flushed out of the woodwork-

I bumped into D through Dialogues (with Parnet) a couple of years ago and
the book fascinated me, very much in the way you described.

I've since kept D and D&G simmering in the background without ever
really feeling competent (or in a strange way entitled) to actually work
with them. And I didnt have the time or energy to reach
the critical mass where i felt i knew enough to actually try to work with
them (If that point exists, and I'm assuming it does by some of the
quite good articles I've read which deal with D&G since)...

But I think this response is almost written into their work...To "use"
them "like a tool" as they suggest, necessarily means bringing them down
to your particular nexus and fitting them into the particular machine
you're engaging or being engaged by.... tracing their work onto one's
own particular rhizosperic map necessarily is an act of reterritorialization...
and the sensetivity of their work to this process makes/made me extremely
hesistant to even try... conscripting their work to negotiate my
(as it exists in any particular machine or moment) encounters, to use
their work as a signifying grid in a way, just seems to implicity
contradict the a-signifying, deterritorializing impulses of much of that
work...

but, waffling aside, i've since enjoyed the kafka book and am wading
through TP in my spare time now, loosely following the TP discussion going
on here.

I will however take the chance to pick some brains which may be
listening, perhaps not "experts" but certainly more thoroughly read in
the field than I (Prof. Bogue, I just read your overview of D&G and quite
enjoyed it. I noticed an article of yours on D&G's semiotics
mentioned in the MLA catalogue, though I havent been able to get ahold of it
yet... this may be for you):

can anybody direct me to something in which D (a/o) G elaborates their
conception of the semiotics of paranioa which D discusses in Dialogues
(opposed in that particular instance to "monomania")?

thanks for the help- now i'll fade back into the murk behind your screens.

ken paradis