Re: ideology stuff

Ronan is right in bringing up "hegemony" in connection with my concept
of ideology. I do think of this culture, and the European cultures
I have come in contact with, as hegemonic, and this definitely structures
my thinking about the relationship between individuals and the culture.
And this predilection of mine is definitely not ideology-free: I grew
up in a "communist" country in a family of pre-war communists and have
been, on the one hand, inundated with "state marxism" and on the other
predisposed, in forging my tools of intellectual resistance, to favor
alternative marxist thought such as Gramsci's.

- malgosia