Re: deleuze-guattari-digest V1 #175

RE: Mark's reply about Throbbing Gristle.
In addition to the Burroughs/Gysin/Throbbing Gristle issue of
Re/Search, the Re/Search issue entitled _Industrial culture handbook_
is invaluable.
Please expand on your idea that TG are nomadic but are not rhizomatic.
I must admit that the concept of rhizomes has always baffled me so your
explanation could clarify this for me.
Another "industrial noise" band which may interest you are Pain Teens
from Houston who record for Trance Syndicate. They are a cross between
TG and Butthole Surfers who sample aspects of American culture -- e.g.
televangelists, Manson, medical lectures, child abuse, spouse abuse,
S&M, etc. I have always likened it to Situationist detournement which
does seem nomadic [but whether it is rhizomatic, I do not know].
I hope to check out Zoviet France; they played Houston when I was
there but I missed it. Ted