Re: Maturana & Heidegger (was Re: The Ruyer Effect)

Thanx Paul.
I care because although one of the critiques often levelled against Mat. is
the constructivist bias his work assumes. Yet in my (mis)readings of both
Mat & Var. they are writing about a unity that realizes its autopoietic
organization - not in a vacuum - but in a medium (i.e. other)that in a
second order coupling, the medium's autopoiesis is 'included' as components
in the unity's realization, and vice versa. Either I haven't been eating my
intellectual wheaties, or this sounds like Mat admitting to a world beyond
the languaging of the observer who draws the distinctions of
unity-with-environment.
Whaddyathinkthen?
Andrew
Vancouver,BC