Expression

I would like to introduce the question about understanding and the chances
of expressing a singular connection (" afectacion" in spanish ) with a text.
At least a few lurkers must be intimidated to participate, as I am, and not
only because my poor spanglish, cause it's hard to find a "literary"
approach to D-G's works in the messages of these days to the list, of course
there are a lot of exceptions.
I could have written "common sense", or
narrative, or sensible, or something else instead of "literary", anyway I'm
triying to evoke the implication I think is being frogotten ( i like that
lapsus, becoming frog, writing english, balbuceando, tartamudeando,
croando).
It's a very cold world, let's warm it up.
Did anybody read Auster's "In the Country of Last Things"?