architecture of cyberspace

- - The original note follows - -

Newsgroups: alt.architecture
From: lbull1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (George)
Subject: architecture of cyberspace
Sender: news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (USENET News System)
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1993 15:54:42 GMT

I'm just beginning to interested in cyberspace, and I am particularly
interested in the need to form a new language and new analyses of space,
and the potential for shaping this new 'dimension' of space. Like L. M.
Boutwell I am not a white male, and my interests are in examining the way
we perceive space and architectural forms, and the ways in which we can
rework the ways we build in order to benefit more people. I find it
interesting that there has been extensive work in the field of literature
problematizing the language of verbal communication, but that only
beginning work has been done in the realm of the language of physical
spaces. I suppose that in our mind-over-body society this is not
suprising. To return to the topic of cyberspace, I see the potential for
interesting theory to be enacted on the level of this new concept of space,
although from what I've heard the split between the theorists and the
programmers has led to considerable problems over such issues. I'd like to
hear other responses to such thoughts.
George