ADVICE wanted: opportunities for young, talented, low-income

I'm writing to ask you for some advice. Sorry if any of the groups I'm
sending this to are not appropriate.

My next-door neighbor's daughter, who graduated from high school this
past June, is interested in going to an Art or Architecture school.

She is very talented, but the resources she and her single, Latino
mother have are not plentiful, and the one academy she applied to, for
this coming fall, wanted a parental contribution beyond what they
could afford (which is very little).

As a result, this talented young woman, a new creation of whose I find
every other time I visit them -- from entire Halloween costumes she
created for her younger brother, to paintings and sketches, to pottery
and sculpture -- is currently working at Arby's. Yes.

Anyway, that's the background. I'm a grad student in math so I know
nothing about these fields, but her main interests are: animation;
industrial design, and architecture.

I'm not sure what my question is; minimally, I'm asking people to
email me (the family in questions doesn't have email) any information
or sources of information they have about funding, scholarships,
internships, etc, including schools (and their addresses if possible)
to look into. There must be(?) some opportunities for talented (not
the #1 genius in the U.S.A. but talented) but low-income people
interested in pursuing study/careers in these fields. Any additional
advice you may have would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help,

Harel
harelb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(Please copy your replies by email)