ART: Series of Street Performances. Request.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "Art Criticism Discussion Forum" 27-NOV-1993
09:25:49.39
To: IN%"HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx" "Howard Lawrence"
CC:
Subj: "Annals of Art": Request for Collaboration

Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1993 09:23:07 EST
From: Malgosia Askanas <ma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: "Annals of Art": Request for Collaboration
Sender: Art Criticism Discussion Forum <[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I intend to develop a series of street performances under the title
"From the Annals of Art". The idea is to tell epic tales describing
various artistic acts, as if they were heroic deeds. The performances
will take the form of a generalized puppet theater, in which puppets,
objects, miniature models, etc. will all be pushed into the service of
telling the story. Obvious examples of suitable material are Chris
Burden's "Shot", Warhol's "Empire State", Jay Jaroslav's "Extended
Credentials", Christo's wrappings. But almost any art project can be
reported epically, and I am interested in all possibilities of such
reporting.

Consequently, I am extending to you a standing request for material.
If you know, hear or do anything that you think would be a suitable epic
subject, please report it to me. I will periodically repeat this
request to emphasize its standing nature.

malgosia askanas (ma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)