[no subject]

Subject: Re: Is it all worth it?

>I'm a freshman architecture student at the University of Oregon and I was
>just wondering if killing myself day in and day out ends up to be worth the
>trouble. I am only taking 13 credits this term (3 classes-one of them

>studio) and I never sleep, eat, or shower anymore because the work load is
?
|This is the source of all your problems. It is definitely a vehicle
of torture. The sooner students and faculty understand that "studio"
need not be in one place within the architectural design educational
facilties, then this condition will stop. Really! All you need are
reviews of YOUR design RESEARCH by AUTHORITIES in the field realted
to THAT research. This can be done on a regular basis. As one who
has been involved in a studio master approach to design for about
1/4 of a century, I can tell you that is is the wrong way to do the
job of teaching design. Also, with the presence of INTERNET, the
whole world of information exchange related to your studies of design
is at your feet. No! You should come for reviews rather than being
in the unpleasant provisions of an architorture studio! {Many will
see this differently on both sides of the suggestion, and hopefully
discuss it.}

?
|When you cannot cope, it can lead to situations
similar to those you see amongst the homeless.
Madness, drug dependance, misused sex, etc.
Meditation might help. Changing the system
of education would definitely help. Try that!

>Andre <---PLEASE reply to Andrea DIRECTLY. Address is above. Copy to
the list. Thanks.